Love making this gluten-free quinoa pear bake all year long. It is nicely sweet, moist and crunchy from quinoa. I like to drizzle it with almond butter or serve it with a scoop of coconut milk yogurt.
It is processed sugar-free, vegan and gluten-free. To sweetened it I used coconut sugar and maple syrup but you can also use stevia or xylitol.
- Processed sugar-free
- High in plant based complete protein
Makes: 8×8 inch baking tray
Preparation time: 30 – 45 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, water drained
- 1/2 cup rice milk or a bit more if it’s too dry
- 2 pears, shredded
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 2tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line the 8×8 inch large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg. Mix flax seeds with 2 tbsp of water and set aside. It will need around 10 minutes to thicken up.
- In a smal mixing bowl mix coconut sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix remaining ingredients, add sugar mixture and flax egg. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and top with sliced pear.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve hot or cold.
Store in airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to three days.