This is the recipe for a warm winter salad made of roasted root vegetables, pumpkin seeds, and maple tahini dressing. It takes a bit more time to make it but it is totally worth it.
You can have it as a main dish or a side dish accompanying roast chicken or beef.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 1 hour
Difficulty level: easy
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 3 carrots
- 3 beets
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil + extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- fresh mint leaves
- a pinch of salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and grease a baking tray with a bit of olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut the vegetables into medium size pieces and coat in one tbsp olive oil and salt.
- Evenly distribute on a baking tray and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Place the remaining olive oil, maple syrup, tahini and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool.
- To serve, pour the dressing over baked vegetables and sprinkle with sunflower seeds and fresh mint leaves.