This cashew nut sauce tastes like a mayonnaise. Actually, it tastes even better! It is deliciously creamy, thick and so healthy. The dip is made of cashews, tahini, almond milk, lemon juice, and salt. Can you believe it? No nasty additives, completely vegan, gluten-free and raw. And the best thing about this dip is that is so easy and quick to make.
Cashews do wonders for hair and skin, and are high in complex carbohydrates. Tahini, a sesame seeds spread is rich in magnesium, potassium and iron.
A spoon of this creamy cashew sauce will provide calcium, Vitamin E and B complex. It is also high in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
It will last for about three days in an airtight container in the fridge. I like to make mine on Sundays, and have it with my meals during the week. I like to pour it over oven-roasted vegetables, dip in sweet potato or parsnip fries.
Makes: small mason jar
Preparation time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp pink salt (sea salt will work well as well)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Soak cashews for approximately 2 hours.
- Once soaked, drain them, and transfer to a high speed blender.
- Add almond milk, lemon juice, tahini and salt and process until smooth.
- Transfer into a mason jar.