I made these courgette chips after making aubergine chips which I love so much. If you like parmesan cheese and aubergines check the recipe here.
They are best eaten straight from the oven as they are still crunchy and the spicy and cheesy flavours really come out. Have it with hummus or as a healthy alternative to chips.
Spicy Courgette Chips
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 2 medium size courgettes
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly grind black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Cut the courgettes into chips and coat them with chilli oil.
- In a small bowl mix the almond meal, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika and salt and coat the courgette chips generously, then place on the baking tray.
- Make sure the courgette chips are not overlapping.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately.