This is an easy recipe for you to make your own energy bars. They are made from prunes which boost your iron levels and raisins that give a nice sweet taste. To make them more nutritious and high in protein I added some sunflower seeds and almond butter.
Makes: 15 – 20 balls
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp almond butter
- Line the baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Place the raisins and prunes to a food processor and process until a sticky paste is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture is a doughy consistency.
- Using your fingers evenly distribute the mixture on baking tray and allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the fridge and roll out 15 balls. Store in airtight container, they will last up to a month.