like eating cauliflower all the time as it has a nice creamy flavour and rich texture. It also fills me up for hours.
This is the recipe for a delicious yet healthy side dish. It is best eaten warm accompanying roast chicken or roasted sweet potato and creamy thick vegetarian sauce. The best thing is that it is so easy and quick to make.
Turmeric has been my number one spice for a long time. I like to use it all year long. It’s pungent, bitter flavour takes every dish to another level. And it is very healthy too!
Not only high in antioxidants, it also has healing properties and anti-inflammatory benefits. If you are a fan of turmeric and looking for some inspiration, check my other recipes.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a baking tray with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into even sized florets, rinse through water and set aside to drain the water.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut it into halves. Slice the onion into half rings.
- In a separate bowl mix together the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower into a mixing bowl and add olive oil, garlic, and onion.
- Mix until vegetables are completely coated in oil. Add the spice mix and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden, stirring the cauliflower occasionally.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to three days.