These healthy energy bites are a great option for when you don’t have much time in the morning and want something quick and healthy to eat. They are deliciously sweet, chewy and packed with plant based protein, healthy fats and antioxidants from superfoods.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (goji berries, raisins, …)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment, with extra over the sides to help lift the bars out later.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flax seeds, other seeds, nuts and dried fruit; mix thoroughly
- Add maple syrup and almond butter and stir well.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down firmly on the mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Using the parchment paper handles – lift the entire set mixture out of the dish and cut into squares.