This is the recipe for a delicious quick healthy snack, lunch or dinner. It’s vegan, paleo and gluten free. I like to make it all year long but especially I like it in the summer. It is very filling too! I make the pesto ahead and store in the fridge.
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 medium courgettes
- 7 sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients except the courgettes in a blender and process until smooth but there are still some bits of sun dried tomatoes to give it a nice texture.
- Next make the courgette pasta using a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer.
- I use spilarizer which I got from Amazon a few years back and it is called Cuisique Spiralizer. Check it out by following this link. It’s an inexpensive investment and you if you are into raw or paleo eating I recommend buying it. It is also very easy to use.
- Cut off the ends of the courgettes and cut in half long ways.
- Place one half of the courgette on top of the spiralizer and turn the handle.
- Repeat the same with the other half.
- To serve, place the courgette pasta on the plate and top it with pesto. It is best eaten straight away.