These raw apple pie almond protein bites are raw, vegan, gluten free and made without processed sugar. They are very simple to make, you only need some dates, nuts, nut butter, dried apples and apple pie spices. I always use Medjoul dates as they really help to bind and stick it all together and what’s more they make it sweet without adding any processed sugar. It is a win-win recipe! To make the bites even more delicious I like to load up on cinnamon and other spices so it really feels as if you were eating an apple pie.
Makes: 18 small balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Medjoul dates
- 1 cup dried unsweetened apple rings
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a high-speed food processor with an S-blade blend the dates until it forms a paste like consistency, add the apples, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for another 3 minutes or until it starts forming a sticky dough.
- Allow it to set in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- When ready roll out around 18 balls and coat them in gluten free oats.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They will last for about two weeks.