This is my second favourite almond spread, the first one being chocolate almond spread! Not only is this deliciously sweet but it also smells heavenly. I like to stir this spread into my smoothie, have it on apple slices, warm porridge and of course eating it straight out from the jar.
Makes: 1 small Mason jar
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- First you will need to roast almonds. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and roast them for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before putting them into a food processor. Process the almonds until they start to form a thick paste.
- During this process you will have to scrape down the sides of the processor a few times. It will take about 5 minutes depending on the speed of your food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a small jar. It will last for months if you don’t eat it straight away.
The oil separation is natural, just give it a good stir before using it.