This red pepper chicken with rosemary dish turned out to be a delicious success! I was making rosemary potato chips today and there was a little bit of rosemary left in the mixing bowl so I thought I would use it up, I really don’t like to waste food. So I got inventive and chopped chicken breasts into medium sized cubes and coated them rosemary, olive oil and pink salt. I left the chicken to marinade for about 15 minutes so the chicken took on the lovely flavour of the rosemary.
Rosemary is a herb in the mint family and has a tea-like aroma and a piney flavor. It is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory elements which are both known to help boost the immune system and improve blood circulation. Red peppers are simply bursting with vitamin A, C and K, which helps to prevent cell damage, cancer and diseases related to aging. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats which are very important for keeping your hormone levels balanced and other fats that are very beneficial for our heart, skin immunity and even aids weight loss. Chicken is made from protein; protein acts as building blocks for muscles and helps towards healthy fat loss.
This stir-fried chicken is a real antioxidant boost and will help you to burn some fat too! 🙂 You can have this chicken as a snack or a main dish with some cooked brown rice, quinoa or baked sweet potato.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 30 mins
- 2 large organic or free range chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil + for stir-frying
- 1 tsp organic dried rosemary
- pinch of salt
- black pepper (optional)
- Cut your chicken into 2 inch cubes, put them into a mixing bowl, add the olive oil and salt, combine well and add rosemary at the end.
- Set aside to marinate for approximately 15 minutes.
- Preheat the non-stick pan with a little bit of olive oil, add the chicken, give it a stir and leave it to cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the pepper into 1 inch wide strips and add to the chicken once it has browned.
- Give it a good stir, cover and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, turning the chicken frequently.
- Set it aside once is done and serve immediately with cooked quinoa, brown rice or millet.