This is the recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner made in less then 20 minutes.
It is rich in lean protein and complex carbohydrates.
I find turkey breast rather dry and this is a great recipe to make it nicely juicy. The sauce is made of cashew nut milk, Dijon mustard, mushrooms and red pepper. I like to have it with cooked brown rice, sweet potato or quinoa.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 250g turkey breasts
- 2 cups brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cashew nut milk
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 5 medium closed cup mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together chicken stock, cashew nut milk and mustard. Set aside.
- Cut the turkey breast into strips.
- Put the strips into a pre-heated greased pan and cook until lightly browned. It will take no more then 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and add a bit more oil, shallots, and garlic.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until slightly browned.
- Add a bit of water if it sticks to the pan. Next add the mushrooms and red pepper, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and warm stock with cashew milk.
- Turn up the heat and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to three days.