Turmeric is my latest obsession. I add it to smoothies, roasted vegetables, stews and even energy snacks. It is also extremely healthy! Check my post Turmeric Hummus if you want to know more about the benefits of this amazing root.
This soup is deliciously creamy and also very healthy. One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It is packed with minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin K and folate acid.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup or more almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil, add the chopped shallots and cook for about 2 minutes. Once lightly browned add garlic and stir well.
- After a couple of minutes add the chopped cauliflower and sauté the vegetables for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix together almond milk, vegetable stock, turmeric and cumin until smooth and all the spices are nicely dissolved.
- Add to the cauliflower soup and with a hand blender blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- It will last up to two days.