These flourless brownies not only taste delicious but are also low in glycemic index and high in antioxidants from raw cacao and sweet potato.
Makes: 10 – 15 squares
Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 2 cooked medium sweet potatoes (around 300g)
- 2 whole eggs
- 30g walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil + greasing
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- In a food processor, using an S blade, blitz the sweet potato until you get a puree consistency.
- Whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla essence and salt.
- Add the cacao powder, baking soda, coconut oil, almond flour and sweet potato puree. Mix well with a spatula then add the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter into a greased baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick – poke it in the brownie – it should come our clean.
- When ready, take out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Slice into individual pieces.