I love making these healthy rice krispie bites as they are easy and quick to make and taste so yummy. Just like the ones you can get from the store or perhaps even tastier and much more healthy.
Makes: around 20 small bites
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 heaped cups of puffed rice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large dark chocolate bark (I used Raw Chocolate Co)
- a pinch of salt
- Line the cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- In a mixing bowl measure out two cups of puffed rice.
- Melt the chocolate with the remaining ingredients over a bain marie until runny, stirring occasionally.
- Allow it cool slightly then pour over the puffed rice. Using a spatula mix until well combined.
- With an ice cream scoop or tablespoon scoop out the mixture into prepared cupcakes cases.
- Allow them to set in the fridge for about 2 hours.