This mouth-watering strawberry cheesecake is a must make summer dessert! It is heavenly creamy, nicely sweet and very nutritious. It is free of gluten and refined sugar, and made of raw ingredients. The base is made of almonds, lemon peel and dates, and the filling of strawberries, macadamia nuts, coconut nectar and coconut oil. I made it for my friend’s barbeque party and everybody loved it! I hope your friends will like it too.
In a high speed blender with an S blade, blend almonds until partially crushed. Add dates, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Process until it forms a sticky dough.
Makes: 15 small pieces
Preparation time: 3 hours
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- Zest of ½ organic lemon
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a high speed blender with an S blade blend almonds until partially crushed, add dates, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Process until it forms a sticky dough.
- Remove from the blender and gently press onto a cake pan. I used a squared spring-form pan but you can use any other shape as long it has a detachable bottom.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for about an hour.
- While it is setting, prepare the filling. In a high speed blender process macadamia nuts, strawberries, lemon juice, orange juice, vanilla, and coconut syrup until creamy.
- Add coconut oil in its liquid form and process for another 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Scoop the filling onto the crust and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.