As you might know I’m a big chocolate fan and am always on the lookout for new chocolate recipes and chocolate bars. A couple of years ago a friend of mine bought me a seed butter which I didn’t like that much probably because I love nut butter and eating seeds turned into butter just didn’t seem like an option. I didn’t want to throw it away so I mixed it into a chocolate porridge which made my taste buds dance and sing! It was absolutely delicious so I decided to make a chocolate seed butter. I used sunflower seeds as they have a mild nutty flavour.
Makes: 1 small mason Jar
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and bake the sunflower seeds for about 10 minutes, until they are lightly toasted.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a high-speed food processor.
- Blend the sunflower seeds until they form a thick nut butter, add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- During this process you will need to scrape down the side of the food processor a few times and depending on the strength of your food processor it will take between 5 to 25 minutes.
- Just be patient and think about the end result, I promise this is a bowl licking recipe!