These cute little bites are jam-packed with energy boosting ingredients such as sunflower seeds, chia seeds, raisins, dates, coconut oil and beetroot. I know beetroot mixed with dry fruit sounds a bit weird but I promise you won’t even taste it. Once I even gave them to my little nieces and they loved it!
Makes: 15 bites
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut for coating
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- In a high-speed food processor process the dates until they form a sticky paste, add the raisins, coconut oil, chia seeds and process until you have a sticky dough.
- Remove the dough from the processor and wrap it in a clingfilm and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the beetroot coating by placing the shredded coconut into a small glass with a lid, add the beetroot powder and shake well. The beetroot powder will colour the shredded coconut a nice pink colour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out 15 balls and coat them with the pink shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.