I like making protein bars, as they taste much better than the store-bought ones and they are less expensive too. Another good thing about making them at home is that you exactly know what you put in them. This way you can avoid eating any strange ingredients, gluten or sugar. These protein bars are made of creamy almond butter, dates, gluten-free oats, brown rice protein powder and raw cacao powder.
- 16 dates
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup brown rice protein powder
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Line the baking tray with the parchment paper and set aside.
- Pit the dates and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Pour over the boiling water and allow to soak for about 30 mins. Set aside.
- Put the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Once the dates are nicely soft and completely cool, transfer to a food processor and process until they form a paste.
- Add the almond butter and almond milk. Process until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and process for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from the food processor and transfer to a baking tray.
- Press it gently and allow it to set in the freezer for about an hour or until set.
- Remove from the tray and cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container. They will last up to three days.