This is my new favourite way of eating pears for breakfast or dessert. It might sound a bit complicated to make but it is actually very simple and it won’t take more than 20 minutes of your time.
Coconut milk yoghurt is an alternative to yoghurt made from animal milk yoghurts. If for some reason you don’t eat dairy this might be a good substitute. I usually use the brand called Coyo Coconut Milk yoghurt or Coconut Collaborative. They are both equally delicious and you can get them at all big supermarkets or health food stores.
This dish is best eaten warm but I’m sure it would be nice cold too.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium pears
- 1/2 cup granola (I used gluten-free coconut almond granola)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil + for greasing the pan
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- zest of one lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease the baking tray with coconut oil.
- Halve the pears, remove the stalks and the seeds.
- Coat the pear with maple syrup, coconut oil and lemon zest.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cool but still slightly warm top the pear with coconut milk yoghurt and granola. Serve immediately.