I love the flavour and the texture of this creamy and fluffy mango mousse. I recommend using ripe mangoes as they have nice flavour and are very sweet. This way you only need to use a little bit of sweetener. Lime juice really brings out the tropical flavour and cashew nuts make it give it a nice thickness.
I like to make it ahead, store it in the fridge and have it for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups mango
- 2 cups of filtered water
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for about 2 hours.
- Peel and cut the mango.
- Drain the nuts and transfer to a food processor with an S blade.
- Blend until it forms a powder then add the remaining ingredients.
- Process for another 5 minutes or until smooth and fluffy.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to to 4 days.