This creamy cashew vanilla chia pudding is a blend of chia seeds, strawberries, cashew nut milk and a hint of vanilla essence. Chia seeds are jam-packed with antioxidants, plant-based protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. It’s hard to believe but these small little seeds make wonders to your skin, hair, and nails.
Makes: 1 small Mason jar
Preparation time: 5 minutes + 1 hour for soaking
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 2 dates
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 – 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
For berry compote:
- 150g frozen or fresh berries
- 1 – 2 tbsps of maple syrup
For the cashew milk:
- Soak the cashew nuts in filtered water for about 4 hours.
- Drain the soaked cashews, transfer to a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth. Add a little bit of water if the mixture is too thick.
For the pudding:
- In a high-speed blender mix cashew milk, dates, vanilla essence, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a mason jar or a glass container with a lid, and add chia seeds.
- Close the lid, give it a good shake and refrigerate for at least couple of hours or best overnight.
For the berry compote:
- Place the berries with maple syrup and a splash of boiling water into a saucepan, and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium and let it bubble away for 5-10 minutes or until the berries are soft and juicy.
- Pour the berry compote over the chia seeds mixture and serve.