I made these cinnamon roll bars after making almond butter; I couldn’t scrape all the almond butter out of the processor so decided to use it in my next creation. I didn’t want to waste it and I was already full because of having a big lunch (otherwise I would probably lick the bowl) so I thought I would make energy bars. They turned out to be delightful; I will definitely make them again very soon!
Makes: 10 bars using an 8×8 inch baking tray
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor process the raisins until they form a paste.
- Add the almond butter and cinnamon. Continue to blend until well combined.
- Slowly add in the sunflower seeds and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and spread evenly on the baking tray.
- Allow to set in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 10 bars.
- Store in an airtight container, they will last up to a month.