This vanilla raspberry chocolate raw cake is one of the most delicious cakes I’ve ever eaten and made. I made it for my flatmate’s birthday a few weeks ago, I’ll definitely be making it again very soon.
It is so beautifully creamy that it almost feels like you are eating an ice cream cake. The best thing about this cake is that it’s totally guilt free, using nuts, coconut oil, fresh raspberries and maple syrup.
It is very simple to make, it will take a bit more time than most of my quick guilt-free recipes, but it’s totally worth it.
It is best eaten chilled and it will last in the fridge for about 3 days and in a freezer for months. I normally freeze most of my raw cakes and take it out half an hour before serving.
Makes: serves 10 using an 8x8inch square baking tray
Preparation time: 2 hours
- 1 cup medjoul dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 -2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- First prepare the baking dish by greasing it with an oil and line with parchment paper.
- This way you can easily take the cake out from the tin once is done.
To make a base:
- In a high speed food processor process the dates until they form a paste.
- With a plastic spatula scrape the date paste from the sides, add cacao powder and vanilla essence. Process until well combined.
- Add the almonds and pulse for about 2 minutes or until you form a dough but still have some big pieces of almonds which will give a nice crunchy texture.
- Using your hands evenly press the mixture into the tray. Allow it to set in the fridge for about 2 hours or freezer for about 30 minutes.
To make white layer:
- In a high speed food processor blend the macadamia nuts until they turn into a powder like consistency, add the remaining ingredients and process until form a smooth mixture.
- Using a spatula evenly spread the mixture over the chocolate layer and allow it to set in the fridge for an hour.
To make pink layer:
- Process the cashew nuts until they form a powder, add the maple syrup and coconut oil and process until smooth.
- Finally add the raspberries and blend for another minute or until well combined.
- Evenly spread the pink layer on top of the white layer and allow it to set in the fridge, best overnight.