I made these popcorn balls for my friend’s daughters 6th birthday party and they went down a treat. This version is slightly less healthy as I put some sugary pink stars to make it more attractive for children but you can use dried berries such as goji berries or raisins. These are so easy to make, inexpensive and a great party piece!
Makes: 20 small balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup sugary pink stars (I got mines from Waitrose)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare the cupcake cases.
- Put the popcorn and sugary stars into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan mix together the remaining ingredients and heat up until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from the hob and pour it straight on the prepared popcorn.
- Using a spatula stir until well combined and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled to the temperature you can handle, roll out small balls. You will have to squeeze the mixture in your hand to get a nice shape.
- Drizzle over chocolate glaze and place them on a pretty plate and serve.
- If they don’t all get eaten, pop them in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
- Eat within a week.