Deliciously sweet vegan and gluten-free pancakes that I like to have on a lazy Saturday morning. To make them even more delicious I drizzle them with maple syrup and almond butter but you can choose any toppings you like.
Makes: 10 small pancakes
Preparation time: 30 – 45 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 dried cranberries
- 2 chia eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- First, prepare chia seeds eggs. Mix chia seeds with 4 tbsp water, whisked with a fork for a few seconds and allow to set in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Slowly add the wet mix into the dry ingredients, stirring as you go. Stir until fully combined and add the dried cranberries.
- Place a medium-sized frying pan over a medium heat. Allow the pan to heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the oil has melted, ladle the pancake batter into the pan. Allow enough space between each pancake so they don’t stick together.
- Cook for around 3 to 5 minutes then turn and cook for another 3 minutes or so on the other side, moving the pancakes occasionally to prevent burning or sticking.
- Remove from the pan, and serve with maple syrup and almond butter.