This summer frittata is so easy to make, and you can have it any time of the day. It is best eaten when freshly cooked, but leftovers are just as good.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- A pinch of pink salt (sea salt is good as well)
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a skillet with coconut oil over medium heat. Add spring onion, and cook until lightly browned. Add asparagus, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place both whole eggs and egg whites into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and beat the eggs together.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the vegetables, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place into the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.