I am addicted to this creamy spiced coconut turmeric porridge at the moment.
So nicely thick with a beautiful flavour from turmeric and cinnamon, sweetness from the raisins and the crunch from shredded coconut and pecan nuts.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- In a mixing bowl mix together rolled oats, raisins, shredded coconut, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds, coconut sugar and salt until well combined.
- Put the oat mixture into a saucepan and add coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium heat and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water or coconut milk if too thick.
- Once cooked, remove from the stove and allow to cool. To serve, top with chopped pecan nuts.