This is my favorite way of eating porridge at the moment. So nicely sweet, creamy and with a nice nutty flavour from almond butter.
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Easy
- 1 cup brown rice milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° degrees. Mix together melted coconut oil and vanilla essence.
- Cut the banana into a half and coat with coconut oil and vanilla mix. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Place oats, brown rice milk, and a bit of salt in a saucepan. Bring to boiling temperature and reduce the heat from low to medium.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until creamy. Stir continuously.
- Put the cooked oatmeal to a bowl and top with the baked banana, chopped almonds and almond butter. Enjoy warm.