Delicious and healthy start of the day. I cooked this porridge in homemade cashew nut milk to make it nicely creamy.
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cashew nut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (I used strawberries and raspberries)
- 1 tbsp Amond Cacao Spread
- 1 tbsp coconut blossom syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Place oats, cashew nut milk, and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a medium.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until creamy. Stir continuously.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fruit compote. In a small sauce mixed fresh or frozen berries with coconut blossom syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce to a medium and simmer for about 5 minnutes or until fruit becomes soft.
- Once ready transfer oatmeal to a breakfast bowl and top with fruit compote and almond cacao spread.