This is a great recipe for busy mornings. I usually make it the night before and leave it soak overnight. It is packed with energy boosting ingredients and it’s very filling. I like the contrast between chewy oats and fluffy mango mousse.
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup mango mousse
- 1/3 cup mango cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup coconut milk drink
- 1 – 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Put the coconut milk drink in a glass jar and add maple syrup, salt, chia seeds, and vanilla essence.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add oats and give another good stir, pop the lid on and place in the fridge, allow to soak overnight.
- To serve, use another glass jar and build layers.
- Begin with a layer of the oat mixture and top with a layer of mango mousse.
- Add the remaining oat mixture and top with fresh mango pieces and enjoy.