This overnight mango overnight oats are fluffy and deliciously creamy. The beauty of it is how it is made. I like to add half the amount of the shredded coconut the night before and the other half the next day. This way it is creamy but at the same time has a bit of crunch to it. You may have to add some sweetener, depending on the ripeness of the mango.
Preparation time: 10 mins
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a jar, combine the chia seeds, rolled oats, ½ tbsp shredded coconut, and coconut milk.
- Mix well and leave in the fridge to soak overnight. The mixture will thicken as the chia seeds expand
- In the morning add the remaining shredded coconut and mix well
- Chop the mango and drizzle with squeezed lime juice. If the mango is not sweet enough, add the maple syrup.
- To serve, use two glass jars and build layers. Begin with a layer of the chia oats mixture and top with a layer of chopped mango.
- Add the remaining chia oat mixture and top with remaining mango.