This is an easy to make recipe for home-made almond milk. It tastes much better than the store bought and it is also less expensive. You only need a high-speed blender, a nut bag or a cheesecloth, a cup of almonds and some water.
Makes: 2 cups
Preparation time: 5 minutes + time for soaking (minimum 8 hours)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of almonds
- maple syrup
- Firstly, soak the almonds in water for minimum 8 hours or best overnight.
- Drain the almonds and rinse them thoroughly under cool running water.
- Transfer the almonds to a food blender, add water and blend for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Line the medium mixing bowl with the nut cloth and pour the almond mixture into the bowl, holding the edges of the cloth firmly.
- Gather the cloth around the almond meal and squeeze with clean hands to extract as much almond milk as possible.
- Add maple syrup and mix well.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge. It will last up to two days.