This porridge really takes my memories back to my childhood. It is nicely sweet, thick and has an intense cinnamon flavour.
Makes: 1 portion
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup shredded apple
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 1 – 2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp ground cloves
- a pinch of salt
- Place oats, almond milk, shredded apple, coconut sugar, flax seeds, all the spices, and a bit of salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling temperature and reduce the heat from low to medium.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until creamy. Stir continuously.
- Once cooked remove from the stove and allow it to cool a bit.
- Transfer it to a bowl and top with almond butter. Serve warm.